Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

In my car ,u Garmom MIv or something now is in some foreign

Customer Question

In my car ,u Garmom MIv or something now is in some foreign language and I am unable to get it back to English (Canadian
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Daughter Sally gave it to me 4 or 5 years ago. It is a NUV or something
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was in Kitchener and tried to reset it for home. It is NUV 2595 I think. It is plugged into my Mac and all I now get is Garmin image
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just trying to find English/
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Why does it not light up when as now it is plugged into my Mac at home
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Nuvi 2595 Not English.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 16 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? I suspect it is a Nuvi 2595, but need confirmation.

2) WHEN was the device last used SUCCESSFULLY?

3) WHEN this issue first began (or was noticed)?

4) Do you have any SAVED information in the device - that you don't want to get lost - if we have to RESET it?

Please use the REPLY box below.

Thanks

NOTE WELL: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone at the moment of that request.
Feel free to DECLINE any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Nuvi 2595. Three days ago. three days ago. No save info other than my home address.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 16 days ago.

Hi again,

I see your call request but I'm not near a working phone right now to be able to call.

Please give me a few minutes to look up the RESET procedure - so we can get the device back to "factory defaults", and you can set it back to English when the initial screens appear.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 16 days ago.

OK - I have a link (below) to a video that shows how to do a "Master Reset" on this device. Please watch the video (with sound), and then try these steps on your device.

NOTES:

- START the process with the device OFF and disconnected from any power source.

- Actually touch the YES button (or button on the right) - to perform the reset.

- When the reset occurs, you SHOULD see the "initialize screens" appear, where you can set the language as you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGtTyOt-Hw

Please give that a try and let me know your results - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 16 days ago.

Hi again,

I'm now near a working phone.

Do you still need me to call, OR did you get the reset to happen and the initial screens to appear - to select English?

Thanks