Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Purchased vivofit 3 and am unable to install garmin connect

Customer Question

Purchased vivofit 3 and am unable to install garmin connect module on Samsung Galaxy s4.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: vivofit 3
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: have galaxy s4, about five yrs old. Just purchased vivofit 3 from local Sams
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Downloaded connect app on computer, but get only continuous connect line on attempting to load connect module on phone
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hopefully have provided necessary information
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

My apologies that no one responded to you sooner.. If you still need help, I can assist you with this issue.

Lets start by master resetting the Vivofit 3.. Heres how, and you have to be specific and follow these steps..

To get a full factory reset and will make the device, as new out of the box:

• hold button to put it in SLEEP mode ;
  • press button 5x very quickly; hold on 5th press until version appears and screen goes blank; (takes about 20sec)
  • release and press button quickly then hold until restart.

All data was erased, and device was unpaired.

Then, restart your Phone.

Then launch the garmin connect app.

Then, you must put the vivofit in pairing mode, follow step 2 on this page.

https://connect.garmin.com/en-US/start/vivofit/express

When the vivofit is in pair mode, you can then connect it to your phone through the garmin connect app on your phone.

If you get stuck or run into any issues , let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 5 days ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.