Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My Garmin nuvi shows "No map data Available" nuvi 1490, on

Customer Question

my Garmin nuvi shows "No map data Available"
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: nuvi 1490
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: on the trip navigator lost right way for my cat moving and soon stopped working
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: almost nothing
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I stopped by in Radio Shack? but they couldn't be able to chang situation/ As I understood they tried to correct situation from the screen
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Steve G. replied 12 days ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Try this: Click on Tools (the geared cog on the main page) and then SETTINGS and then MAP. On that screen click on INFO (which should be at the bottom) and tell me what you see on that page.

I'll be here.