Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My garmin will not calculate directions or show sidestreets,

Customer Question

My garmin will not calculate directions or show sidestreets
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My Garman is a 560 and I believe it to be three or four years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was working fine Friday parked the truck for the weekend unplugged the unit got back in Monday was not working
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried updating the maps I've tried to turn the unit off and turn it back on tried to clear to default settings
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: As all I can think of right now
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Steve G. replied 16 days ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Upon completion of our chat, you will be asked to rate my service. Please understand that this is the only way I am ever compensated by this site. Please do not rate me until you are completely satisfied. It is in my best interest to completely fix your issue so that I may be compensated.

Ok then. Here we go.

Go to SETTINGS and then MY MAPS and click on INFO. What do you see on that screen?