Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My golf buddy displays a g3laucher page, pt4 about a year,

Customer Question

hello, my golf buddy displays a g3laucher page
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: pt4 about a year
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing that i noticed. it stays in my golf cart
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have uninstalled the battery, ive gone to the website to update the software and it says page not available
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it for now
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 16 days ago.

Hi there. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. I will do my best to help. Can you tell me please what model your Golf Buddy is? You can download the most recent version of the Gold Buddy Software from this link:

http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/support/downloads.asphttp://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/support/downloads.asp

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
pt4 that was was answered already
Expert:  GeekGal replied 16 days ago.

I apologize. I didn't notice that. Are you able to download the most recent version of the Golf Buddy software

from the link that I provided?

You may need to do a factory restore since it is stuck on the G3launch screen. Here are the steps for doing that:

First Make sure that the unit is fully charged.

Please note that all user information will be lost, not the Scores and other "DATA".
Turn off the unit completely.
Press and hold the “Menu” button.
While Holding the “Menu” button press and hold the “Power” button until the screen lights up.
Release the “Power” button but keep holding down the “Menu” button.
Once you see “emergency reboot 1/3” on the screen, release the “Menu” button.
Set aside the unit for approximately 5 minutes and the unit will reset the factory setting.
Another way to do this Emergency reboot, is the following:

Have the unit turned off.
Hold the menu button.
And while holding down on the menu button, plug the unit into a computer or a power outlet using the data cable.
It should light up and indicate the emergency booting.
Then release the menu button.
After this procedure, please update the firmware on your unit. This will improve the correct performing of the unit. You can update the firmware using the GolfBuddy World Course Manager.

For detailed instructions on how to perform this steps, please click on the link below:

http://golfbuddyglobal.com/video/video_view.asp…

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The website for the the download says page not available
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
When I click download
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello, why so long for responses
Expert:  GeekGal replied 16 days ago.

http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/support/downloads.asp

Please try this link. I have corrected a typo.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 16 days ago.

I apologize but at times when our website is extremely busy there may be a slight delay in notifying us of your response. Once notified, it then takes a moment to type up our response.

It is very likely that you will need to do the factory reset. Please let me know if you have questions during the process.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the downloads on the page page dont work,,,,,, you are not part of golfbuddy are you?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 16 days ago.

I am an independent contractor for JustAsk.com. May I ask what you mean by "don't work"? Are you saying that you can't download them? I just tested them. The only one that I am having trouble with is the video link that I mentioned near the end of my instructions.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
they do not download to my computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 16 days ago.

What operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Also, what browser are you using? Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari?

When you click on the download link a box should pop up asking you to save it. Please try to minimize your browser window to see if it popped up behind that window.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
how do i do a factory reseti am using firefox, i tried with safari, same problem
Expert:  GeekGal replied 16 days ago.

Turn off the unit completely.
Press and hold the “Menu” button.

Have the unit turned off.
Hold the menu button.
Then release the menu button.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 16 days ago.

I feel as though you are not taking the time to read through my responses. I had previously provided the factory reset instructions. Do you have a Mac computer? or a Windows computer?

If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i have a mac, i just did the reset a couple of times, im not getting the emeregency boot screen, the message i keep getting is golfbuddy g6 has stopped
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it doesent seem to be completely turning offit keeps restarting by itself
Expert:  GeekGal replied 16 days ago.

If the unit is connected to your computer via cable, please disconnect it. Then Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to power the unit off.

Do you have a Mac computer? or a Windows computer?

http://whatsmyos.com/

By the way, this link to the download page is working for me:

Once there I can click on the download for either Windows or MAC. If you can't get to the page you may need to check your internet connection and or restart your computer and try again. If you need to do that please be sure to bookmark this page so you can return to it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it will not go back to factory settings with either of the instructions you have provided
Expert:  GeekGal replied 16 days ago.

I'm sorry but I am out of ideas. I will opt out and open the question to other experts. Have a nice evening!

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i think it has gone back t
Expert:  Dustin replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Lets focus on just this.. And exactly these steps.

Have the unit turned off.
Hold the menu button. ( just the menu button, nothing else )

If you follow those steps precisely without any variation, what happens?

Dustin S.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 days ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.