Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I purchased a rider less 11 months ago and have used it very

Customer Question

I purchased a Tom tom rider less 11 months ago and have used it very few times , I just turned it on in preparation for my trip in the southern USA and the touch screen does not work . I have done a reboot and hooked it up to my computer with no results . Is there a repair facility near Vancouver British Columbia as I'm leaving in 10 days
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Ten days is a very short time frame to get the screen replaced, or the device repaired.

H ave you tried connecting the device to your computer, and then soft resetting the tomtom?

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/minor_detail/a_id/6965/

Also, when you plug it into charge, does the charging light come on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have hooked up to my computer and done all the updates and yes I have done a reset and it is charging but the touch screen is still frozen
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Frozen and completely black? Or does it show any signs of life or color at any point?

Such as if you press and hold the power button for 30 seconds while its plugged into the computer, do you see the screen show anything or do anything?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All I need to know is if there is an authorized dealer in Vancouver BC Canada , if not I'm sure there is no time left to send it away
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When hooked up to the motorbike it will boot up to the ( I agree setting ) When hooked up to computer it goes to ( connect to computer setting ) no matter how many times you try pushing the touch screen nothing happens
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

The best way to find out would be to call the TomTom Repair line.. See if they have a place within driving range..

Customer Support: Mon to Fri, 8am - 8pm EST; Saturday 9am - 6pm EDT
TEL: 1-***-***-****

It definitely sounds like the software / firmware needs to be replaced... And possibly even the logic board..

Hopefully, they dont charge you too much as a new device runs roughly http://amzn.to/2fkojYr

Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I never did get an answer if there was an authorized repair centre in Vancouver BC Canada but I have gone through TomTom which means sending it back east and waiting for a decision from them and then back to me which I'm sure will not be done in time for my trip . So no you didn't answer my question