Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a 2016 Suzuki swift sports with a Garmin infotainment

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2016 Suzuki swift sports with a Garmin infotainment unit. The unit needs the touch screen re calibrating and as far as i can tel there is no way to do this. Can you help ?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: the car is only a few months old and i believe the unit was made in 2012 to 2014
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: part number 39103-61m12 december 2014
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the problom is that i can no longer press the space bar as it gives me the letter above the space bar no matter how low i touch the screen i have tried to reset the unit this did not help
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately, Navco, the maker of the head unit. Hasnt provided any software or firmware updates for download.

I believe what you are experiencing is any issue with the headunit itself, and not the garmin app inside it.

Let me ask you this, is the screen calibration off regardless of what function or feature you use on the infotainment head unit?