Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My garmin will not show maps when I hit where to go it says

Customer Question

my garmin will not show maps when I hit where to go it says no maps avabile
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: nuvi 50 I try to up date it and that's when it happen
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it was fine like I said I try to up date it and then that's what happen
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I guess that's it it wont let me get to where I'm going
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Ive seen this issue many times.. Its sometimes a really easy one step fix.. And other times it takes three to four steps and can be a bit more difficult.

To get started lets try this.

On the Garmin, go to settings, maps, map info, and see if you have any maps listed.

If so, tap and select the North American map.. Then, get out of the settings screens and see it will show the map data now.. If not, try this next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujdSP-fM98

After you have completed the reset as shown in that video, try to navigate again..Will it show maps now?

If it does show maps, please remember to return here and click and submit a rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Otherwise, if these steps dont fix the issue send a reply here and I will continue to assist you as needed.

Thank you,

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.