Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Not a gps question but a garmin device. yes, it is a 405

Customer Question

not a gps question but a garmin device.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: yes, it is a 405 runner and I cannot pair to my lap top that has windows 8. Won't pair w mobile app either, won't recognize it w ant+ stick or connecting the watch to lap top
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: garmin express did not list this model. To know that it was originally paired w a Dell lap top that is now malfunctioning so with new lap top, it is not recognizing..
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything- device is on, computer pairing is enabled, tried to download training center as it was called this before but it only brought me back to garmin express, garmin connect also added but nada
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I think Garmin may have to write a software for old ones like mine.LOL
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 13 days ago.

Since the device was previously paired with another computer.. Most likely, we need to reset the device to allow it to pair with your current phone and computer.

This video will show you how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq28Dt8890I

After its reset.. You can try to pair and connect it with garmin connect again.. This video will show you how.

https://youtu.be/D0GTJoeK25U

Though, you may need to download and install a new version of the garmin ant agent software to allow the connection.

If you have any further questions or concerns, or run into any issues, let me know.

And if my steps help you to resolve the issue, please dont forget to return and click and submit a 5 star rating so I am credited for successfully assisting you. Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It has not worked. I installed the training center since this is what it used before, and it does not recognize the device, asks to connect the device which I have and still nothing. I did reset the device prior to connecting to the lap top. Any other thought?Thanks
Expert:  Dustin replied 12 days ago.

Question.. Did you attempt to install garmin connect as I suggested?