GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I purchased my Road mate 5320-LM 2 yrs ago. Are there any

Customer Question

I purchased my Road mate 5320-LM 2 yrs ago. Are there any new updates available? How do I download them. I am going from central FL to the panhandle soon
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Magellan Road Mate 5320-LM approx 2-3 yrs old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just want to find where to go on line to update my device
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No...I just hope it is easy to do.
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** would be my pleasure to help you with this. Whether you have a RoadMate that came with Free Lifetime Map Updates or you need to purchase a map upgrade, it's easy to update any RoadMate with SmartGPS Eco. SmartGPS Eco (previously called Content Manager) is a website that makes it quick and easy to register your RoadMate and keep it up-to-date. SmartGPS Eco will help you get necessary product updates and tell you if you have the latest maps. It will also help you get a map upgrade if one is available. To use SmartGPS Eco please do the following:

• Go to the website www.SmartGPSEco.com
  • Create a new account or Login. If you already created an account on www.magellangps.com, you can login with that same username and password.
  • Plug in your unit
  • Follow the instructions to keep your device up-to-date. If you do not see a map update listed for your registered device under the "Updates" tab, this means you already have the latest and greatest map / software version.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.