Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My nuvi 52 seems to be "locked up". I can turn it on, get

Customer Question

My nuvi 52 seems to be "locked up". I can turn it on , get the View map screen and then I can't go any further. Cam you help?
JA: What model of Nuvi are you using? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The unit is three years old and I can't find a model number.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing that I remember or recognize.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: That may be part of my problem. I have turned it off and then restarted it as welll as trying many different "panic" button pushes.
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I cAN THINK OF.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 22 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 22 days ago.

This could just be a temporary software issue that we can cure with a simple reset.. Or, it could be a damaged map or software file and we may need to upgrade the units software.

Lets try this reset first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujdSP-fM98

Once reset, let me know if the device will start normally, if it does please remember to return here and click and submit a 5 star rating.. If this reset doesn't work please send a reply and let me know what happened, and then we can go through further steps as needed.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 17 days ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.