Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I bought a Garmin 44LM in September 2014. I love it -

Customer Question

Good morning, I bought a Garmin 44LM in September 2014. I love it - unfortunately, a couple of days ago, when I plugged it into my car lighter, the screen stated 'charging battery'. I waited a while...nothing...left it plugged in until I got home (more than an hour later), it was still 'charging', and I could not access anything. I don't use the GPS regularly, but do like to have it with me - just in case...
Please advise. Thank you. Joyce
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 15 days ago.

To start with, lets try resetting the unit... The video below is very short, and shows you exactly how to reset the unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujdSP-fM98

If the unit turns on after the reset, you should be good to go. As every once in a while the GPS just like any other device simply "freezes" and needs to be reset.

If you cant get the above steps to work after trying a few times, let me know and we can work on some other steps together.

If all goes well, please remember to return here and click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to help you fix the issue, thank you!

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 days ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.