Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) Did you have ANYTHING on the screen of the device - when you powered it ON (such as prompts to set the language & location)?
2) Did you connect the device to ANY power source, or just power it ON?
3) If connected to a power source, what power source is that?
Please use the REPLY box below.
Please try to post ONLY on this page (I see you posted a NEW question).
Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier and sorry about any mix-up with questions on this site.
I can guide you on transferring favorites from one device to another - but I will tell you that it is a multi-step process. Its not that hard, just several steps that involves:
1) ADDING EACH device to Garmin Express
2) "Backing up" EACH device (in the "Tools" section of Garmin Express).
Once EACH device is backed up, those favorites will become available to TRANSFER to the other device.
Does that sound like it will work for you?