Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My version of garmin software was before upgraded to win 10

Customer Question

my version of garmin software was before upgraded to win 10 is seem to be not able to connect to my nuvi now.. usb.. it still charges..but sat it is not connected... I can not tick the box to connect
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: will look at orig install date 1 moment pls... license dasted 2006 install date 2014
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I tried to get internet explorer yo run so I could copy then paste the url to go to garmin site to update my software
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: have been at it hours..tried to get program compatibility issues soeted
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: gee a tough question pearl..I don't know what I don't know ok.. am only a layman.. but I do like my nuvi ok
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 20 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you do this:

1. go to Control Panel (on your computer) then to Programs And Features

2. use the controls there to select your Garmin program, then Uninstall it.

3. restart your computer.

4. reinstall your Garmin program.

And by the way, this set of instructions will have a link in it that you can simply click on to open the page for downloading automatically in a new window:

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.

Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.