Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

I have a Garmin nuvi 2589 LMT and tried to download and

Customer Question

I have a Garmin nuvi 2589 LMT and tried to download and install Garmin Express from your website which continually fails the install. Somehow the maps have gotten corrupted on the Garmin unit and won'T find anything including the house I am in currently. How can I resolve this and get my unit to work again? Please call me if possible at(###) ###-####
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Garmin nuvi 2589 LMT. Bought at Best Buy in Maryland about 1 month ago.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Before what popped up?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The only trouble shootong I can do is try to download the Garmin Express from your web site which fails without any indication of why. I have done this several times.
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware on the Garmin, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the garmin and tell me if the maps now work correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you