Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Just purchased a Megellan RoadMate 9200-LM. I am trying to

Customer Question

just purchased a Megellan RoadMate 9200-LM. I am trying to register it and am having trouble. Also it will not turn on. The green light comes on but the unit will not turn on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: I am sorry. It is a Magellan RoadMate 9200-LM
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: After I took it out of the box today plugged it in I could not get it to start. this is my 4thGPS and i am a retired age 74 electrician 45 years.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I made sure the power was on the current was available. The green light came on. I waited 6 or 7 Hrs for it to charge. the green light came on and nothing else..
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I haven't been able to register it.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the unit will not turn On, and it is new, try charging it on the charger, for at least 4 hours continuously before trying it again.

If after that it continues to not turn On, you have a device that is defective from store or vendor, and should return it at once, with sales slip in hand, to get it returned for an exchange for another, fully working, device of the same model or at least the same value and capabilities. You have that right as a customer. (Note: the return-exchange period is rather short for many stores and vendors... as little as 7 days from purchase date, in some cases.)

If the store or vendor's return-exchange period is expired already, then Magellan's warranty coverage applies - let me know if this is the case, and I will tell you how to return your device to Magellan for warranty repair.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.