Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

The download of maps from express is hung up at about 50%.

Customer Question

The download of maps from express is hung up at about 50%. What should I do?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Its a nuvi 52
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was downloading fine until then.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not sure what to do. Haven't done anything but contacting you
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 17 days ago.

How long has it been stuck at 50% ?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, what type of internet do you have, Sattelite, Cable, Mobile hotspot, Wifi?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have Windows Vista & my internet is Cable.
Expert:  Dustin replied 17 days ago.

Understood.. With cable internet you shouldnt have hit a slowdown that would have caused the map download to freeze.

So , while we run the risk of having to format the garmin.. The only way to get this going is to disconnect the garmin. Then for good measure, reset it

Heres how to reset it

http://www.gpsnation.com/support/gps-factory-reset/garmin-nuvi-52lm-factory-reset.html

Then, lets try using the webupdater software to update your map, rather then garmin express

http://download.garmin.com/lmu/GarminMapUpdater.exe

Its simpler, and usually more reliable.

If you get stuck at any point or have any questions, dont hesitate to respond. And when youve had a chance to try this let me know if it works out for you, or if you need further assistance.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 days ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.