Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How do I charge my LMT so that I can instal, Garmin dezi cam

Customer Question

How do I charge my LMT so that I can instal
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Garmin dezi cam LMT 7Inch 2days old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't understand I tried to instal but nothing seems to happen and the instructions saydevice must be fully charged we used it yesterday and travelled for 5 hours but the battery never charged it's still nearly flat as it was before we started trip
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none I don't get past the instal page bearing in mind I'm a technical dinosaur
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 20 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? That should be printed on the device OR the box - if you still have it.

2) When you say you want to "install", what exactly are you trying to install and where?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 20 days ago.

NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at this time..
Feel free to DECLINE any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
46F000511
Expert:  Greg A. replied 20 days ago.

Hi again and thanks for that.

That looks like a serial number, and looking it up CONFIRMS that it is a "dēzlCam™ LMT".

So may I ask about question 2, which I will post again below.

Is this software you are trying to install on a computer - a piece of hardware to install - or something else?

Thanks

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ijust want to instal and register with garmin
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sorry to have wasted your time I can't even get onto the instal page now so have to leave it for another day starting to lose my temper thanks anyhow
Expert:  Greg A. replied 20 days ago.

OK - "install" to me means to put the device IN your vehicle and use it - OR - to install some software on your computer.

It sounds like you HAVE used the device successfully in your vehicle, so let me give you a link to a software program where you CAN "manage" your device - INCLUDING "registering" the device with Garmin.

That program is called Garmin Express, and there SHOULD be a video on the page I will link to below. Please take a few moments to look at that video, and note the short section where they mention "registering" - when the device is first "added" to the program.

Click Here --> http://www.garmin.com/express

Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 15 days ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)