Steve G., Technician
Experience:  My company does component level repairs for GPS equip.
329447

Have a Garmin dezl 770 LMT goes blank even after charging.

Customer Question

have a Garmin dezl 770 LMT goes blank even after charging. any ideas or where can I send to be fixed
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: got it last march at flying j
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: went dead
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: different cables to charge and pc still will not turn on face of it is showing garmin logo
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Steve G. replied 24 days ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

If you purchased the Garmin last March then it is still under warranty. You will need to send the unit to Garmin and they will repair/replace and send it back to you.

This is initiated online from THIS PAGE.

Please go to that page, follow the instructions and let me know if you have any questions.

I'll be here.

Steve

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
march 2015 warranty is out. was hoping to find out how to get in touch with them
Expert:  Steve G. replied 24 days ago.

For out of warranty repairs, Garmin charges a flat rate of $130 (US) for a Dezl 770.

You would initiate the repair online by clicking HERE and following the prompts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Steve