Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I am unable to sync my 520 with my computer. K, Garmin Edge

Customer Question

I am unable to sync my 520 with my computer. Steve K
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Garmin Edge 520 1 year old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Not sure what you are saying
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: All I have done is opened up Garmin Express on my computer, turned on the 520 device and then plugged the device into the computer with a USB.
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Garmin Express did state that an update was available and to sync the device but it is not syncing.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Rusty replied 22 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 22 days ago.

Which operating system are you using on your computer? Which version?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Rusty replied 22 days ago.

That's what I'm seeing is the problem. It is only designed to work with Windows Vista or 7. Did you recently "upgrade" to Windows 10? Drivers haven't caught up with the new version yet, and it's causing quite a large amount of problems with devices not being able to connect.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
it sounds like I'm out of luck with that Garmon device and windows 10 ?am I going to be able to use the Garman 520 device and my Apple iPhone 5s?
Expert:  Rusty replied 22 days ago.

I'm sorry, you will have to use a Windows 7 computer to connect. It will not work with a Mac computer. You may be able to do the updates with an SD card. If you copy the file to the SD card, insert it in your GPS, and update it that way.

I'm having computer trouble at the moment, please look in your user manual to see how to update with SD.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
OK, hard to believe you were having computer problems and you just refer me to a user manual. What's the process to get a refund on my money that I paid for your assistance?