GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I have a blank screen nothing there and it says it cant find

Customer Question

I have a blank screen nothing there and it says it cant find a port
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: platinum 2 or 3 years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it froze up on the 15th hole tried to reboot it when I got home then tried to reboot from computer then the screen is lit up but nothing on it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just the reboot
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can it be fixed or do I need to send it in
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 24 days ago.

Hi there. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. I will do my best to help. This and many other problems are a result of corrupted software. Luckily it can usually be fixed by doing a "factory reset" or "hard reset" on the device. Here's how to do it, step by step:

1. First Make sure that the unit is fully charged. Please note that all user information will be lost, not the Scores and other "DATA".
  2. Turn off the unit completely.
  3. Press and hold the “Menu” button.
  4. While Holding the “Menu” button press and hold the “Power” button until the screen lights up.
  5. Release the “Power” button but keep holding down the “Menu” button.
  6. Once you see “emergency reboot 1/3” on the screen, release the “Menu” button.
  7. Set aside the unit for approximately 5 minutes and the unit will reset the factory setting.

Another way to do this Emergency reboot, is the following:

1. Have the unit turned off.
  2. Press and hold the menu button.
  3. While pressing down on the menu button, plug the unit into a computer or a power outlet using the data cable.
  4. It should light up and indicate the emergency booting.
  5. Release the menu button.

After this procedure, please update the firmware on your unit. This will improve the correct performing of the unit. You can update the firmware using the GolfBuddy World Course Manager.

Please click the link below to access a video showing how to do this.

http://golfbuddyglobal.com/video/video_view.asp…

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.