Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a WT5 Golf Buddy Watch. Even though it was in

Customer Question

I have a WT5 Golf Buddy Watch. Even though it was in satellite mode, it was unable to identify my home course Pheasant Run, near Newmarket, Ontario. I have never had this issue before. Even the head pro at the club, where I purchased it, didn't know what to do. Although, I am at home and not near the golf club, do you have any suggestions about how to fix the problem. There are a few clubs, near where I live, that I can test it to see if it will identify the specific location. The watch is working and all of the symbols appear once I turn it from the clock to the golf mode. Many thanks, ***** *****
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: The unit is a WT5. I purchased it this year.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I am not sure. The watch was working two weeks ago, when I last played. It was fully charged.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is my first attempt
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Many Thanks
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Lets try resetting the device first, as shown in this video.

https://youtu.be/izif7Z2BtT0

And then connect the golfbuddy to your computer, and then download the GB course m anager and install it, from this page

http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/support/downloads.asp

Once installed, run the program and have it update the golfbuddy.

And this manual will show you how to add a new course, or readd your local course using the Golf Buddy manager software we just installed.

http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/doc/gb_manager_plus_pro_tour_low_res.pdf

If you get stuck or run into any issues at all during this process, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dustin from Justanswer. I never heard back from you, were you able to resolved the issue or did you still need help?

If you still need help please reply when you can, other wise if my suggestions help you to resolve the problem, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to help you.

Thank you,

Dustin S