Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I ordered two Garmins within the last year. Recently the one

Customer Question

I ordered two Garmins within the last year. Recently the one I have on the road sent me through a series of touching on dots going all over the screen. The final result is it lost its maps.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know. I can only see a serial number on the back. I bought and registered it with you at***@******.***
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was driving and suddenly there was a round dot. As I tapped on it, another appeared in a different area. This was chasing and tapping dots until I couldn't get anything.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. Other than shutting down and restarting. I am sort of a tech clutz
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to get it going again. This was purchased through Amazon as a refurbished.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Rusty replied 25 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 25 days ago.

It sounds like it went into calibration mode on its own. I want you to plug it into your computer in order to fix it. The computer program does most of the work for you.

If you do not already have Garmin Express on your computer, click here and install the program. There is an update button which will automatically restore the software that runs the Garmin, and it will also update your maps so you'll be completely up to date.

Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.