Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Why, all of sudden, does my Nuvi 3597, respond to my "Voice

Customer Question

Why, all of sudden, does my Nuvi 3597, respond to my "Voice Command" to "Find City" (etc.) with a displayed message of "That Command Not Available in English." Wha-a-a-a-at??
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Nuvi 3597
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I've used this (Wonderful!!!) device without any flaws for a number of years. I periodically download Updates, one of which provided me "American English" which is a huge improvement to previous "Voices" - that is the only thing I can think that might have visibly changed.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. Love the "Voice Command" feature as it precludes me having to type in my request - I would like to have that capability again.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

This can be caused by incorrect language settings, a missing file, or an incorrect map region. First, verify your device's voice and text languages are both set to a compatible Text-To-Speech language for speech recognition such as American English. This you do via preferences.

Let me know please