Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a UK Garmin Nuvi 2545LM unit and would like to

Customer Question

I have a UK Garmin Nuvi 2545LM unit and would like to install Australian maps for my holiday. How much does it cost to install?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: what happens if the cost is to much for my budget. what happens to my deposit?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the gps technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: garmen nuvi 2545LM, I bought it in 2013
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: what do you mean by popped up?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just want to add Australian maps to my garmin
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 24 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How long do you have before your holiday OR has it started already?

Thanks

NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at this time.
Feel free to DECLINE any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 24 days ago.

Hi again,

I didn't see a response here, but wanted to send the following information before I sign off for the night.

You can check on the cost of the Australia maps at the following page.

Click Here --> https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/maps/on-the-road-maps/city-navigator-nt/city-navigator-australia-and-new-zealand-nt/prod116482_010-11875-00.html

Let me recommend that if you can, try to purchase the maps as pre-programmed - on a microSD card. That way installation is a simple matter of just installing the card in your device, and turning it on.

And if you need to download the maps, I still recommend getting a microSD card installed in the device, so that there is plenty of space to store the maps (8GB capacity should be enough).

Assuming you have access to a computer, you may also want to install and run Garmin Express (click here to get it), connect the device to the computer, and then see if you can locate and price the maps through that program.

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

Best Regards, ***** *****

(im)