Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Update need to add golf courses in Indonesia(bali) and

Customer Question

update need to add golf courses in Indonesia(bali) and thailand
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: approach S1
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: something about driver update
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: went to garmin windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I have the courses in Australia on my device all I need is those other two counties added
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 21 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the model of the device is Approach S1?

I only ask because the S1 is Garmin's "budget" golf watch, and as such has LIMITED courses that can be put on the device.

For example, S1 devices sold for use in Australia can be "updated" for the courses in area (Australia/New Zealand), but typically no other areas can be "added" (or substituted) in the device.

But if you have an Approach S2 (more expensive device), almost any course around the world can be loaded to the device.

Also, in order to update (or add) courses, Garmin now has a program to do that called Garmin Express (click here for link to get that program). Once that program is install on a computer, the charge/data cable can be connect to the device and computer, and the program will update any new course and will "offer" any course updates that can be installed in the device.

Here is a link to a reference article on Garmin's support pages that might explain a bit better than I have here >>Click Here<<.

I hope this helps explain about the course available for your device. I'm sorry if this is not "good news", but wanted to explain the situation with these particular devices.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Thanks

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks greg your answer confirmed what I thought
Expert:  Greg A. replied 21 days ago.

You're quite welcome.

The S1 is a similar product to the automotive devices that do NOT come with "Lifetime Map" updates (include LM after the model number).

That is - they cost LESS initially, but in the long run if you plan on using the device for years & years (or in several parts of the world in the case of the S2), the more expensive device is actually less expensive to own - over time.

So IF you were looking to "upgrade" - and play a LOT of golf all over the world, shopping for an Approach S2 (or other golf device) might be a good idea.

Take Good Care & Stay Out of the Hazards, Greg A.

(im)