crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

I have a magellan explorist gc and it will not turn on. I

Customer Question

Hi. I have a magellan explorist gc and it will not turn on. I replaced the
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: I have had problems in the past. I changed the batteries and it still will not turn on. I haven't used it very much and the last time I wanted to use it I had the same problem.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. It hadn't been used for about a year.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can't seem to find a website with troubleshooting. I saw this website and thought I would try it. I did replace thee batteries and checked them with a volt meter before installation. I double-checked for proper installation.
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: GPS
Expert:  crash2199 replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Try resetting the unit. To reset the eXplorist GC, open the USB cover, insert the end of a paperclip into the small reset hole, and the eXplorist GC should reset and re-start.

If that does not work, please plug in the GPS and try the steps above while it is plugged in.

If none of the steps above work, please reply back and let me know. If the issue is resolved, if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.