Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I tried to convert my GPS to Canada from USA and I cannot

Customer Question

I tried to convert my GPS to Canada from USA and I cannot find how to do this. I can't locate canadian maps.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: RoadMate 5320-LM
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have only had this GPS for a couple of weeks and every time I go to find a location, it goes to USA. however current locations are accurate.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have read all the book about setup and see no where how to change North American settings.
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well , I cannot find my GPS on the list when I tried to enter for help.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 21 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) WHERE was the device last used SUCCESSFULLY (city & state is fine)?

2) When you say "current locations are accurate", what are those current locations?

3) WHERE are you currently located (city is fine), and when you view the Map screen (without searching for a destination), do the DETAILED maps for your area display - and show the street or road where you are located?

Please use the REPLY box below.

Thanks

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
1. Nowhere it has not worked the maps since I bought it. 2. I live in Ontario and it knows where I am shows current street directions. 3. I think I already answered some of this question. But when I try to find an address in Mississauga I cannot even get to spell it out, it not available.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No.
I am not paying anything to fix a new GPS. I will take it back first.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 21 days ago.

OK - can you TRY to search for a CITY CENTER - instead of an address and see if that works?

For example, touch the City Center button (you may have to scroll down to see that button), and then start typing in Mississauga, and see how far you can get before the "smart search" kicks in - to show you a list.

Please let me now what happens when you try that.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 21 days ago.

NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE (and not me).
Feel free to DECLINE any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ok will let you know tomorrow. Going to eat now.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 21 days ago.

Very good.

I will look for your results tomorrow.

Take Care & Travel Safe, Greg A.