Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The battery does not recharge. Where can I send it to have

Customer Question

the battery does not recharge. Where can I send it to have anew battery installed?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Edge 800.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have a Garmin Edge 800 that is about 10 years old and the battery does not recharge. Can I have a new battery installed?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. There's a couple of ways to solve this. If you're looking to purchase the battery and replace it yourself, the site below has the battery and also tools and a video that outline how to do this on a DIY level:

http://www.newpower99.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GARMIN+Edge+800&gclid=CjwKEAiAu6DBBRDDr6-e_6698E0SJACvuxnyR2QpVpwXbEq1ScDw-s7d0e_J_u74UEzKfS7drpvh9xoCcSzw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Alternatively, if this is not something that you're looking to repair yourself, then you can send the GPS to the folks at the following link and they can perform this repair for you:

http://satnavrepairservice.com/repair-satnav/garmin-repair/13.html

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with the question you posted please?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

You're welcome. Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (scroll up the page to see the stars) for my work?