crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

I have a Garmin 310XT - purchased a little over 3 years ago.

Customer Question

I have a Garmin 310XT - purchased a little over 3 years ago. It's not working. I'm sitting inside and it's "loading satellites." It's screwed up. I can't seem to turn it off. The lap/reset button and the start/stop buttons on top seem "hard" unable to push them in.
Category: GPS
Expert:  crash2199 replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Occasionally an Edge or Forerunner may have trouble acquiring satellites. This may be due to corrupted satellite information. Performing an AutoLocate will clear previous GPS data and allow the device to reacquire the satellite information.

The first step is to turn it off which can be done by holding down the power button for 10-15 seconds. After that is complete, please follow these steps:

1. Ensure device is powered off
  2. Press and hold DOWN
  3. Press and release POWER
  4. Wait 30 seconds
  5. Release DOWN

After the AutoLocate is performed on the device, allow 15 to 20 minutes to acquire satellites with a clear view of the sky.

Please let me know if you have issues with the above steps by replying back otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It did not work. It does not power off. It is now loading the satellites again -- inside the house. How do I get my credit card refunded?

Mark,

I can continue to troubleshoot your device -- Do you want to continue to fix your GPS or have a refund?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've already paid $5, plus more to get the answer above and it didn't work. I don't want to pay more money to talk to someone. I'd now like a full refund.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I go about getting my full refund. You can help with that?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Full refund is what I'm after now. Now being charged more...

Sure thing, Mark.

Please do not use the rating system otherwise it will delay a refund. I will send the refund request now

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. Do you send me e-mail confirmation of the full refund?

Customer service will send you the refund confirmation -- I work on the technical side.