Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I need to update my Garmin. It is a plug in for my car. What

Customer Question

I need to update my Garmin. It is a plug in for my car. What do I need to do?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is 4-5 years old. The box says nuvi40lm..is that right
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: what do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I type in an address to a property that is two years old and it can not find a match. I am a real estate appraiser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went onto the web to try and update it. It told me to go to www.garmin.com/mapupdates
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a way if I put in 10 addresses that it will organize each address to which I am closest
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

In order to do this, you will need to plug your GPS into your computer using the included USB cable and then click on the link below and follow the instructions as outlined on that page:

http://www.magellangps.com/contentmanager

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

If for some reason you do not have the cable to plug the GPS into your PC and would like to purchase one, that cable is available at the link below for purchase:

http://http://www.pacific-parts.com/magellan-roadmate-9212t-lm-usb-charging-cable.html

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here if you need more help.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I logged onto the site but it wont download the plugin.
Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

You have the GPS plugged into your computer?

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

I posted the link to the USB to PC cable you will need to use to tether the GPS to your PC above (scroll up the page to see all replies). Did you see that link? Or are you saying you already have the GPS plugged into your computer and it still won't update?

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?