Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have the Magellan road mate 9212T-LM. When I turn the

Customer Question

I have the Magellan road mate 9212T-LM. When I turn the device on I get a picture of a computer connected to the device. What does this mean?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Magellan Roadmate 9212T-LM and is about 7 years old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: At first the usual screen/map came up and then when I pressed to add an address, this screen came up.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to reset by sliding the power button and holding for 10 seconds however nothing changed.
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

It sounds like your Magellan needs an Update (which is what the picture of the GPS plugged into a computer generally means).

In order to do this, you will need to plug your GPS into your computer using the included USB cable and then click on the link below and follow the instructions as outlined on that page:

http://www.magellangps.com/contentmanager

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

If for some reason you do not have the cable to plug the GPS into your PC and would like to purchase one, that cable is available at the link below for purchase:

http://www.pacific-parts.com/magellan-roadmate-9212t-lm-usb-charging-cable.html

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?