Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Magellan Roadmate 1440 Restarts With Error.

Customer Question

Magellan Roadmate 1440 shows message 'your device needs to be restarted to increase performance. Please wait while your data is saved.' But it always comes up the same. It has no reset hole or on switch.
I have tried holding the switch off for about 15 seconds, then on again for 15 seconds.
How to get it to work normally?
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try this: Press the DOWN and ENTER buttons, and hold them both, at the same time. If your model has a three-position power switch, one of the positions is RESET, try switching to that position for at least 5 seconds. If that doesn't work or if it resets but still has a problem.
There is more to suggest, including a refresh of the software that operates the device (if you have a computer.). Let me know.