Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

How do I update my TomTom START? Probably 6 years, Nothing.

Customer Question

How do I update my TomTom START?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Probably 6 years
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. What should I have seen?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I´ve connected device to my Mac. Then searched my launch pad for Start. I
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: (I have both a START and a GO. I prefer to use START, but I only have a Go in my PC.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 30 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

You use the software Mydrive Connect to update the device.

You can use my link below to follow the instructions and do this

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6133/~/updating-the-software-on-your-navigation-device

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I am connected to MYDRIVE CONNECT
My devise is: START: Model. 1EX00
Number: XC6320102454
I have connected to your instructions but can not make any headway. i need specific help updating my START.Note: I have already spent $34 and so far it´s not produced the help I need. I do not fancy spending more. In fact, TomTom first stated that it would cost $5.00 refundable and I was taken to your website which charged me $34. I need help please. Over to you.
Expert:  Richard replied 30 days ago.

ok, when you start the program, and connect your TomTom to your computer, what does the program then say?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
After connecting device to PC and I choose WANT TO CONNECT TO A COMPUTER. After doing that I see NOTHING more!
Expert:  Richard replied 30 days ago.

yes, but then open the program you install please

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I´ve done that and still nothing..I have reinstalled MYDRIVE CONNECT.....and it eventually takes me to GO 20. My device is an old START. What do I do now?
Expert:  Richard replied 30 days ago.

It is as per the instructions, so click MyDrive Connect from the task bar bottom right

Then sign in

Click My Content at the top left of the page.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
MYDRIVE CONNECT INSTALLATION WAS SUCCESSFUL. My connected device does not respond....and it IS turned on. Over to you.
Expert:  Richard replied 30 days ago.

It is still the same instructions that I am needing you to do.... nothing has changed from this.

I will repeat again

click MyDrive Connect from the task bar bottom right

Then sign in

Just as it tells you in the instructions on the link I gave

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I am completely and totally frustrated!
My START download was not/could not be completed and I don´t know why, so no happiness there.
So, I tried downloading to my newer Tom Tom device (VL5414F02544). After more than 1 hour of download time I get a message that there are no more maps and that I should either re download a map I already have (I don´t know where to find that or how to do that)...or buy a new map! Should we talk?
Expert:  Richard replied 30 days ago.

If you did the instructions exactly as I set outt and it has told you this then it means your device is up to date.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I´ll give it/them a try.Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 30 days ago.

thank you

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you