crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

I have a VivoActive and the heart rate no longer shows up on

Customer Question

I have a VivoActive and the heart rate no longer shows up on the face with the setting at SimpleHeart.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Its a VivoActive it is less than 6 months old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing that I know of, it just quit showing up. This was after an over night charge.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have turned off the unit. I have loaded a different watch face, and then reloaded the SimpleHeart. The problem persists.
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  crash2199 replied 5 months ago.

Hi!

Please try these steps:

1. Put on the heart rate monitor, which activates the sensors in the device. (It will only transmit when you are wearing the device).
  2. Bring the device as close to the sensor as possible.
  3. Tap the action key (button on right side of device).
  4. Select System > Sensor > Add New (remove the current device from this list if there is one).

If the steps above do not work, please reply back otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried all you suggested but still no heart rate showing on the watch face, just a blank spot next to the heart.

Have you tried a factory reset on the watch yet?

1. Make sure to backup any important information you may have stored on the device.
  2. Turn off the device (if the device won’t turn off, you may skip this step).
  3. Hold down the start/stop and power buttons on each side of the watch.
  4. Release the power button when the device vibrates the first time.
  5. Release the start/stop button when the device vibrates for the second time.
  6. A third vibration should occur in a few seconds indicating the device will turn on.

I am checking back up on your about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.