Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My screen seems to be a line off from what i am trying to

Customer Question

my screen seems to be a line off from what i am trying to enter
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: nuvi52lm i haven't had it very long im using my old one because this one is so frustrating. but i need to take a trip from Ohio to Texas and these maps are better
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: is they away to recenter the screen for input
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. It sounds like your touch screen needs to be calibrated to fix this issue.

To complete a touchscreen calibration on these devices complete a "Software Update" (at the following link): https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={8576ba20-e948-11dc-d6fc-000000000000} and then use the following directions:

1. Start with the device powered off and disconnected from power
  2. Touch and hold the upper left hand corner of the touchscreen when in the landscape position
  3. Power the device on
  4. Release the power button when the screen turns on but continue to apply pressure to the screen
    • On the zumo 595, "System" will appear on the screen for approximately 30 seconds
  5. Release the touchscreen when it changes and "Touch Dot" or "Press Dot" appears
  6. Accurately touch the dots as they appear
    • The dots will change location
    • A stylus may be used to accurately touch the dots
  7. Touch OK when "Calibration Complete" appears

The touchscreen is now calibrated. Repeat the above steps as needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.