Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I TRIED TO GET A UPDATE FOR MY GARMAN NUVI 65 LMT AND I WAS

Customer Question

I TRIED TO GET A UPDATE FOR MY GARMAN NUVI 65 LMT AND I WAS TOLD IT WOULD COST 79.00 DOLLARS I UNDERSTOOD IT WAS FREE. I GOT ONE A FEW YEARS AGO AND IT WAS FREE. WHY THE CHANGE .I SHOUDN'T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is it an update for the operating software / firmware on your Garmin device that you are trying to get?

Or is it a map update? (If so, to what map(s)/system of map files, etc. ?)

Expert:  Russell H. replied 29 days ago.

I noticed that this case was still not closed. I thought I would offer advice on the subject:

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.)

And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.

Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.

(Garmin Express, and the use of it, is all free of charge, of course.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.