Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I live in Alberta Canada I have never used a GPSbefore I

Customer Question

My name is***** live in Alberta Canada I have never used a GPSbefore I just bought a Garmin nuvi 58LM becaue I was told it was very simple to use. Is that true
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The model is a 58 LM from 2015
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: do not know what happened
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have not tried any trouble shooting I would like you to walk me though taking it out of the box connecting the parts and telling me step by step how to use it
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thank you
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue with using this device.

What you were told about being "easy to use" is somewhat correct - as long as you give yourself a little TIME to connect the device and EXPERIMENT with it, and get used to its operation.

To start, let me first say that you will want to unpack ALL components from the box, to make sure you have everything.

You SHOULD have a "Quick Start Manual" in the box, and that may get you started - in connecting the device to the vehicle mounting mechanism, and also the Vehicle power adapter in your car.

Let me also send you a link to the FULL manual for this device (in PDF form), so you can look that over when it comes time to use the device.

Click here --> http://static.garmin.com/pumac/nuvi_57_58_67_68_OM_EN.pdf

While you are doing that unpacking, I will see if I can find some other resources that will take you through the basic steps of using the device.

Let me know when you have everything unpacked.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have everything unpacked but I have not used just answer before and I have given my credit card info is this session free or am I giong to be paying for it
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

JustAnswer.com IS a "pay-for-help" site, so yes you would be expected to pay for this help/advice.

Do you wish to continue with that knowledge?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no I do not wish to continue how do I cancel my credit card info
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account. But YOU should be able to manage your account by clicking the "my account" link on your side of this system.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Please let me know if you change your mind or have any more questions - about your device - now or in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.