Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My brother, who lives in WA, has given me his 2595 gps. I

Customer Question

My brother, who lives in WA, has given me his 2595 gps. I live in NC how do I activate the unit for my use.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: Garwin, nuvi 2595 LMT, serial 34CO97420
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. It has been out of use for about 9 months as he went to a iphone use. He just handed me the unit. I have no idea what to do net.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing. If I plug it in to my lighter on the car will it just start working or do I have to have it reprogramed.
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 28 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Do you know the AGE of the device?

2) Did you receive the vehicle power adapter when the device was given to you?

2a) If so, have you connected the device to the vehicle power adapter yet, and connected it in your vehicle?

I ask those questions because this unit will most likely need to be CHARGED for a while - before it will power on. At that point, then we could TEST its operation.

Thanks

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
1. No
2.yes
3. No.....will do so now and get back to you when charged....
Expert:  Greg A. replied 28 days ago.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay - the site here is giving me trouble when trying to respond.

There SHOULD be a an LED indicator on the vehicle power adapter that will light BRIGHTLY when the adapter is powered.

So if you do NOT see that light, you MAY have to switch on the ignition in the vehicle to get the power to the adapter.

Also, I will assume that it will take about 30 minutes or so of charging before the device will power up (assuming it has not been charged in 9 months time).

Let me also send you a link to the electronic (PDF) version of the full manual for this device, in case you did not get the printed version.

Click here --> http://static.garmin.com/pumac/nuvi_2405_2505_series_OM.pdf

I will look for your results here - in getting the device to power up.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thanks a bunch....will charge it up tomorrow in route to church.....time to leave now and move some cattle....
Expert:  Greg A. replied 28 days ago.

You're quite welcome.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 22 days ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)