Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

I just bought a new Vivoactive HR watch, about which I'm

Customer Question

Hi. I just bought a new Vivoactive HR watch, about which I'm very excited. I just charged the watch up fully, and have connected it to the Garmin mobile app on my iPhone 7. It downloaded a software update. The watch now says "Update Complete", but I can't get it to do anything else. What do I do, which buttons do I press, to start using my watch?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: VivoactiveHR -- Let me look for a model number -- brand new, just delivered yesterday.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I plugged the watch into the charger yesterday -- it was at ~25% charged -- and let it charge to 100%. I left it in the charger overnight (had no need for the watch), and just unplugged it this morning.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've searched the manual I downloaded from online, I've watched the introductory video, I've tried searching for "update complete" on the web site (no results), and I've pressed first one button and then the other on the watch. No difference. The "Update Complete" message just sits there staring at me.
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the watch and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the watch.

Let me know the results please

Thank you