Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have been updating my Garmin Navi device, however, nothing

Customer Question

I have been updating my Garmin Navi device, however, nothing has happened for the past 4 hours.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The Box says Europe 45
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: On the Garmin Dashboard it went through the process of updating software, then step 2, preparing, then step 3 - Updating Maps. the system said it would take approx. 1hour and 50 minutes for this updating Maps process; however, it has been almost four hours since that time.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am living/working in Germany...I started this process about 10pm my time, then went to bed...I woke up at 4am and there has been no further progress since I walked away from the computer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry...I thought I was working with a Garmin Technician, but now I realized this is an independent site/business Just Answer and I do not wish to become a member.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How is the Garmin device being updated? with a cable presumably, to what... with what software or etc., is the update coming from?

I would give the process at least 2 more hours before doing anything to the hookup... it might complete in that time and the previous estimate might have been inaccurate and too small.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Just cancel and refund please. Thanks
****** *******
**************@********
****-***-****