Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I got a Skycaddie gps and tried for the first time today

Customer Question

I got a Skycaddie gps and tried for the first time today with no success. I live in Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, play in the Gavea Golf and Country Club a course that the more basic Garmin recognize. My GPS didn't find the course.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I don't have a Garmin just the the Skycaddie but I have friends that use the Garmin and it recognizes the course.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I selected "golf" the GPS tried to locate the course and there was an answer "no course found"
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went to the settings switched tge GPS off and on again and got still the same answer
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is the very first time I use a GPS and really don't know what to do. I found the skycaddie very user friendly but couldn't get it to work.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model NAME/Number of the device you are working with?

2) The AGE of the device?

3) Has this device EVER found and displayed ANY course at all?

4) Are you NEAR the course at this time, or trying to find it "from a distance"?

Thanks

(im)