Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have a Foretrex 301 Serial # 1LQ066965 that I use to

Customer Question

I have a Foretrex 301 Serial # 1LQ066965 that I use to document walks. After every walk, I use Basecamp to upload the data from the Foretrex onto my Mac where it is saved. A few weeks ago, the device stopped uploading to the Mac. I updated all the software on the Mac and the Foretrex but, even though the tracks are saved on the Foretrex, they do not transfer to the Mac anymore. Suggestions?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Foretrex 301 which I bought in early 2014, if I recall correctly.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was operating normally.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I upgraded software not he Foretrex and my Basecamp software on the Mac. The Foretrex apparently continues to record the data (I can see it on the screen) but will not transfer it to my Mac
JA: Anything else you want the gps expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

You said you ran updates on your mac... That could be the problem, which version of OS are you running on it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OSX El Capitan
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Have you always used the same computer to connect? When did you install El Capitan?