Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have an old(six or seven years old) Nextar GPS. It works

Customer Question

I have an old(six or seven years old) Nextar GPS . It works once in a while but most times it seems more confused than I am and gets me totally lost.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: It is a Nextar X13 -12056
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None, It has a CE60 Core
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't know? What else would be heapful?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, I'm going to be "brutally honest" with you about this device:

Way back when these devices were first made, they had "limited" support and updates available, and were pretty much "lower cost" devices, and that was the reason they had limited support, and virtually no support now.

As a recommendation IF you really want or need a working GPS, let me say that choosing a MAJOR maker of these devices is the best way to go. Also, the cost of these units has dropped quite a bit since you purchased your device, and you might be pleasantly surprised at what you can get these days.

As an example, I have a link below where I did a search for Garmin "Nuvi LM" models - which come with Lifetime Map updates.

Nuvi LM Search
http://amzn.to/1MM8ccC

NOTE: Garmin IS the manufacturer I recommend, and I have been using them for years - as they are the best in this product line (in my opinion).

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)