MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

I have a garmin nuvi 1390 and it does not have maps to go

Customer Question

I have a garmin nuvi 1390 and it does not have maps to go west . I live in Michigan tried to put in a route to new mexico could not do it. I realize it is old put I works just fine over to iowa after that nothing.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it has a model nuvi 1390 may be 15 years old not sure
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: what do you mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: don't no what you mean what happened before this popped up
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we tried up date it and did not see any way to add states out west does not have any thing west of minnisota, iowa and so on .
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a way to add these other states it said there is 49 states in it.
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

This Nuvi issue is because of its age. unfortunately they have very little support for this one because most of these units have been replaced by a newer model. I know its frustrating but they no longer have most of the map data for this one:-(

The new ones would cost you less than you paid for that one and will have way more features and an be much more up to date and fully supported. Its really just to old.

I wish i had better news for you but you can get a new GPS from Best Buy, I would go with another Garmin, any one that you like;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael