Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Can I use a GARMIN DEZI 770 mthd 7" in a car? It is a

Customer Question

can I use a GARMIN DEZI 770 mthd 7" in a car?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a GARMIN-DEZI 770mthd 7" GPS IT IS BRAND NEW
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I DO NOT KNOW
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It still in the box can I use it in my car? It was made for trucks
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Yes absolutely you can use the Dezi 770MTHD in a car, it works just as any other GPS will giving you way-points, directions, detours and traffic information. The only specific specification that optimizes it for trucks is that it has built in truck routes in it's software - which gives routs that large tractor trailers will be able to easily navigate (avoiding back roads, dirt roads, or single lane roads).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Additionally the GPS has several features you will not use when taking it in a car - such as the Add Trailer Feature, or select Truck. So while you can use it in a car without issues, you will find most of the settings and features are optimized for someone tat drive a big rig and most of the options will be tailored to that end.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The Owner's manual for this device is also available at the link below if you'd like to scroll through and see specifically what options and features it has, and if they will fit your needs:

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/dezl_770_OM_EN.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.