crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

How dp i canange the language to English? I just got it ...

Customer Question

how dp i canange the language to English?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: I just got it ... Nuvi 77?
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nuvi 57.... came up with some forein languge.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'll have to call back. Unit baterry just faled.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it.s says somting in a foreign langue.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Hi!

Start by tapping the far right bottom icon. That will get you to the settings screen. On there, tap the arrow down one time for page down X1. Third icon (probably a mouth icon) from the top is the Language and keyboard menu, tap on that. 2nd icon from top is the Text language. This will get you to the supported languages. Select your language from this screen.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
don't understand... second icon?? There is none. please call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Try this instead:

1. Start with the device OFF and unplugged from power
    • To verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, press and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device
  2. Press and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
  3. Power on the device while continuing to hold the display
  4. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when "Erase all user data?" appears
  5. Touch Yes
    • If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.