MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

I won a Garmin S6 I know that the unit can find my golf

Customer Question

I won a Garmin S6 I know that the unit can find my golf course. I want to know if it can find the hole I'm on.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: For example. In a tournament we may stat on hole 6 on one of our 2 golf courses. It's about 3 years old.The book sys it's an S6
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I want to know if Garmins are able to find a golf hole if it is not in sequence.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have to manually change the hole on the Garmin when I start off on any hole other than #1 .Is this correct?
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in GPS issue and solutions, I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

They can not locate them like that. If you are following in sequence then yes they can and will find them.

But if you are jumping around different holes then, unfortunately no they cant generally do that.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael