crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

E a garmin 741s. can I download my waypoints and routes on a

Customer Question

e a garmin 741s.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: can I download my waypoints and routes on a sd card and transfer them with the sd card to the garmin 78sc hand held unit. My Gamin unit is a 741 and I can put them on a sd card form this unit.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have a garmin gps 741. I can send my way points and routes from the unit to a sd card. Can I transfer these waypoints and routes with the sd card.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I put the waypoints and routes on the sd card. I can transfer them to my computer but not the 78sc. Can I put the sd card in the 78sc and download them that way. I put the sd card in the unit but I do not know how to download them into the unit.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not think so. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Hi!

Unfortunately, the 78SC does not have the same method of using the SDcard like the 741s. The 78SC uses a program called Garmin Basecamp that allows you to transfer information but it is a desktop program and not a way of transferring via SDcard.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.