crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

This weekend I was trying to get to a location in Auburn,

Customer Question

This weekend I was trying to get to a location in Auburn, Alabama, at the intersection of Moore Avenue and Armstrong Street. I entered that intersection into my Garmin GPS which I purchased in the spring. I was informed by the device that there was no such intersection. Then I picked up my old nüvi which I had purchased in 2010 but which I am now unable to mount on mydashboard. The old GPS indicated that the location indeed existed. As I could not mount the old nüvi, I was compelled to drive, at no small peril to myself and other drivers, with it in my hand, glancing at it from time to time and listening to the verbal instructions goven by the machine. Thankfully, I arrived at the location unscathed. I bought the old GPS in 2010 and never paid to have updates installed; therefore, its maps are at least six years old. Could you please update the Auburn, Alabama, for my recently purchased Garmen GPS to make them at least current with those of my old 2010 device?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My current one was purchased at an electronics store this past spring. I am now updating the maps, but I can find no model number on it.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: There was a model number when I first connected for the update, but I didn't write it down so I don't have it at hand. I assume it is a 2016 model.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I believe that's all the information I have.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Hi!

Click here: http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Click on DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS (or Mac if that is your OS)

Run the downloaded program to install then open the installed program.

Connect your Garmin to your computer while the program is open. From there, you can update the maps on your Garmin.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.